Christmas is coming so get into the spirit with this festive eggless chocolate lava or molten cake.
Individual chocolate molten also know as lava cakes are easy to make and you can impress your guest this christmas with this yummy hot fudge cake which oozes out when you dig your spoon in.
If you love rich, velvety, melt-in-your mouth chocolate, and if you love cake, then you need to make this dessert!
This cake is so simple and can be done within 30 mins.Learn to make this simple eggless absolutely no egg yet delicious lava cake with my daughter
this holiday season. Happy Holidays and Merry christmas to you all 🙂
Preparation time : 15 mins
Bake time : 10-15 mins
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing custard cups
6 chocolate pieces or 3/4 cup HERSHEY’S CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 cup maida / plain flour / refined flour / all purpose flour
¼ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
½ cup powdered sugar
¼ cup oil / butter
½ cup milk
¼ tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp baking powder
2 small cups (ramekins or aluminium moulds)
1 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, more for greasing ramekins
4 semisweet chocolate to top
Directions || To prepare Eggless lava cake
1. Preheat oven to 425°F, and grease two 6 to 8-ounce baking cups or ramekins generously with butter.
2. Put a small spoonful of sugar or cocoa powder in each cup, then turn the cup sideways and rotate it so that the sugar is coating the butter all around.
3. Add the chocolate chips and butter to a mixing bowl. Microwave it on high for 30 seconds, take it out and stir it, then
microwave it for another 30 seconds and stir it again. It should be completely melted. If there are still chunks of unmelted chocolate, microwave for another 20 seconds and stir.
4. Next, in a medium mixing bowl, add flour ,cocoa powder , sugar ,baking powder,oil and milk.Beat to combine using a hand mixer or a Beater.
The mixture should be thoroughly combined, smooth, and paste-like, not lumpy.
5. Add melted chocolate to the mixture in the mixing bowl, then use a rubber spatula to gently fold it in. combine it well till it forms an uniform batter with no streaks.
6. Divide the batter evenly between the two greased baking moulds, also place in 2 chocolate pieces in centre of each cup,with the help of spoon, gently push the chocolate pieces inside and cover with batter
7. Then bake the cakes in the preheated oven.Bake for 13 minutes, or until the outside is set and its soft from inside.
8. Let the finished cakes cool down for five minutes when they’re finished baking. Then, flip each cup over on a dessert plate, and tap the bottoms of the cups so that the cakes fall out.
9. Dust with icing sugar. you can also garnish this Eggless lava cake with whipped cream, if desired.
Gajar halwa is one of the delicious dessert of India which is prepared from carrot and milk.
You can add khoya to it , to give it a nice creamy texture. You can enjoy this sweet dish in multiple ways one of it is Barfi. This barfi is very simple recipe – easy, quick and tasty made up of gajar ka halwa. So either you want to entertain your guests or excite your kids , try this Barfi at home.
preparation time 15 minutes
cooking time 20 minutes
total time 35 minutes
servings 15 barfi pieces
2 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
500 grams carrots(gajar) 4 cups grated carrots (gajar)
2 cups milk
1 cup sugar or add as required
1/2 cup mawa/khoya(dried milk)
½ teaspoon cardamom powder (choti elaichi powder)
10 unsalted pistachios, grated
10 unsalted cashews ,grated
10 unslated almonds or any other dry fruits (optional)
Directions || How to make Carrot(gajar) halwa Barfi
Rinse, peel and then grate carrots appox 500 grams which makes around 4 cups grated carrots.
In a thick bottomed pan, melt 2 tbsp ghee.
Add the grated carrots. mix very well.
Saute the carrots on a low flane till they are almost cooked,it takes about 10 to 12 minutes on a low to medium flame.
Next add 2 cups of milk.
Stir the milk with the carrots very well. saute for a minute.
Then add 1 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp cardamom powder.
Mix the sugar and cardamom powder with the rest of the ingredients very well.
The mixture will loosen up as the sugar melts. continue to saute with frequent stirrings for about 7 to 9 minutes on a low to medium flame.
Next add mawa/khoya or concentrated milk and mix it well till the mixture thickens.
When the mixture thickens and reduces, its time to switch off the flame and pour the mixture in the greased pan.
Immediately, pour the carrot barfi mixture in the greased pan and with a spatula or spoon smoothen the top part.
sprinkle chopped pistachios, almonds and cashews on top and gently press them with a spoon or spatula on the halwa.
Cover and allow the carrot barfi to cool and set at room temperature.
You can also keep in the fridge after the barfi cools down at room temperature.
Slice and serve carrot barfi.
It’s soon going to be that lovely time of hugging everyone wishing “Eid Mubarak” .During this occasion we never forget to take “Eiddi” (earnings) from elders neither we can resists yummy delicious beautiful tempting sheer Kurma. At my childhood I would go to my muslim friends home and finish bowls and bowls of Sheer kurma. After marrying into a muslim family, I realised that while Eid is much more than sevaiyan; it is incomplete without it. Right in the morning
we make a huge pot of Sheer Kurma to be served all day to our neighbors ,friends and guest visiting home to wish us.
Sheer kurma or Sheer khorma (Persian: ??? ??????), literally “milk with dates” in Persian.During my first Eid after marriage, my younger sister my law taught me how to make the true Sheer Kurma 🙂 Ever since then I always wanted to share this recipe with you all but finally this year I could come up with it.
Eid Mubarak to you all !!!!
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 1 hour
500 ml milk
1 tablespoon ghee
1 to 1.5 tablespoon sugar
½ cup broken seviyan
7 to 8 cashews,
8 to 9 almonds,
8 to 9 unsalted pistachios,
4 green cardamoms
100 ml condensed milk(optional)
Directions || How to make Sheer Kurma or Sheer Khurma
1.Boil the dry fruits (cashews,almonds, pistachois),
2.once cool , peel the skin out of each and finely chop them
3.In a pan. heat ghee and add chopped dry fruits and saute for 34 minutes stirring often.
4. In the same pan roast the seviyan till golden and keep aside. if you want then you can roast the seviyan in ghee also.
5. In a saucepan heat milk and let it come to a boil. lower the flame and simmer for 810 minutes till the milk slightly thickens.
6. Add the condensed milk
7. Next add the roasted seviyan and sugar to the milk and simmer till the seviyan are cooked and have become soft for about 8-10 minutes on a low flame.
8. The milk will also thicken and reduce in volume.
9. Add the whole dry fruit mixture and cardamom powder.
10. switch off the fire and stir.
11.Garnish with remaining dry fruits and dates.
12.Serve warm (some like it cold as well, so you might want to keep some in fridge also!)
13. you can also garnish sheer khurma with saffron strands or rose petals or dry fruits or powdered cardamom.
Cold Custard is a favorite in everyone’s house during ramadan , this is a must go dessert during this month.
There is a little twist in this recipe as it’s a combination of custard and roohafza which gives a nice texture and taste
and addition of mango cubes adds a delightful taste to it.I love to prepare this in Ramadan,
It is so quick and easy to prepare yet tastes so good and different, especially after iftari prayer when you want something sweet.The best part about this dessert is that you can use any fruit, and as much fruit as you may prefer.
you can also prepare this dessert during parties or get together s to impress your guests with this flavorful and colorful custard.
Preparation time : None
Cooking time ; 10 mins + 2-3 hours refrigerate
Serves : 4
2 tbsp Custard Powder
½ litre Milk 1 cup
½ cup Mango(cubes)
3 tbsp sugar
½ cup Rooh Afza
Direction || How to prepare Roohafza Mango Custard
Heat a cup of milk in sauce pan
Dissolve custard powder in 1 tbsp milk and add this mixture in the warm milk.
Add 1/4 cup Rooh Afza in it.
Pour the content in a serving bowl and refrigerate it.
Once the custard is cold and set,
garnish it with mango cubes ans sprinkle few roohafza drops over it.
Coconut Burfi prepared in Condensed Milk makes a deliciously sweet Indian dessert in minutes Fresh coconut powder flavored with cardamom powder cooked together and set into molds.
These sweet tricolor coconut barfi can be stored in the refrigerator for upto a week.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: mins
Serves: 8 to 10
1 tablespoons butter
1 tin sweetened condensed milk
300 gm or 4 cups desiccated coconut powder
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
Green and orange food color – few drops
Directions || How to prepare tri color Coconut Barfi
Melt Butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add sweetened condensed milk,1 teaspoon of cardamom powder, add desiccated Coconut and stir to an even consistency. Let the mixture cool down.
Divide the mixture into three equal parts, add orange food color to milk and then add it to one of the portion and mix well. Next add green food color to milk and then add it to another portion and mix well.
Layer the orange coconut mixture in a designer molds ,flatten until smooth on top, then layer next with the white coconut , flatten until smooth on top and last with the green coconut mixture. You can use any shape molds.
Place in fridge to cool for one hour and then discard it from mold and ready to serve this delicious tricolor layered Burfi.