It’s soon going to be that lovely time of hugging everyone wishing “Eid Mubarak” .During this occasion we never forget to take “Eiddi” (earnings) from elders neither we can resists yummy delicious beautiful tempting sheer Kurma. At my childhood I would go to my muslim friends home and finish bowls and bowls of Sheer kurma. After marrying into a muslim family, I realised that while Eid is much more than sevaiyan; it is incomplete without it. Right in the morning
we make a huge pot of Sheer Kurma to be served all day to our neighbors ,friends and guest visiting home to wish us.
Sheer kurma or Sheer khorma (Persian: ??? ??????), literally “milk with dates” in Persian.During my first Eid after marriage, my younger sister my law taught me how to make the true Sheer Kurma 🙂 Ever since then I always wanted to share this recipe with you all but finally this year I could come up with it.
Eid Mubarak to you all !!!!
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 1 hour
500 ml milk
1 tablespoon ghee
1 to 1.5 tablespoon sugar
½ cup broken seviyan
7 to 8 cashews,
8 to 9 almonds,
8 to 9 unsalted pistachios,
4 green cardamoms
100 ml condensed milk(optional)
Directions || How to make Sheer Kurma or Sheer Khurma
1.Boil the dry fruits (cashews,almonds, pistachois),
2.once cool , peel the skin out of each and finely chop them
3.In a pan. heat ghee and add chopped dry fruits and saute for 34 minutes stirring often.
4. In the same pan roast the seviyan till golden and keep aside. if you want then you can roast the seviyan in ghee also.
5. In a saucepan heat milk and let it come to a boil. lower the flame and simmer for 810 minutes till the milk slightly thickens.
6. Add the condensed milk
7. Next add the roasted seviyan and sugar to the milk and simmer till the seviyan are cooked and have become soft for about 8-10 minutes on a low flame.
8. The milk will also thicken and reduce in volume.
9. Add the whole dry fruit mixture and cardamom powder.
10. switch off the fire and stir.
11.Garnish with remaining dry fruits and dates.
12.Serve warm (some like it cold as well, so you might want to keep some in fridge also!)
13. you can also garnish sheer khurma with saffron strands or rose petals or dry fruits or powdered cardamom.