Left over Bread Dosa/Uthappam
BREAD DOSA / BREAD UTHAPPAM – INSTANT DOSA RECIPE
Do you always seem to have leftover bread lying in the kitchen and you don’t want to waste them, no need to worry !!!
Do you love Dosa and you feel boring and time consuming to make it often at home because of soaking and fermentation process ?
Here is some easy and an excellent way to turn your leftover bread into Instant Dosa/Uthapam.
I tried it out and it really turned out delicious.You too give it a try and do leave your feedback or comment about your experience.
Prep Time : 15 minutes
Cook time : 10 minutes
Serves : 6
Ingredients : Makes about 8-10 dosa
4-6 slices any Bread (White/Brown/Multigrain)
1/2 cup Semolina/Suji Rava
3/4 cup Rice flour
Salt to taste
2 tsp Chopped coriander leaves
1 small onion – finely chopped
1 Green chilli
Direction || How to prepare Bread Dosa
1) Remove the brown edges of all the bread slices and soak in water for 2-3 mins.
2) Squeese out the extra water.
3) Grind together in a mixer soaked bread ,semolina and rice flour.Add enough water to help grinding. Grind to a smooth batter.
4) Transfer the ground batter to a big bowl ,add salt and mix well. Check the consistency of the batter. it should be pouring consistency.
5) Heat a tawa.Pour a laddle full of batter. Spread it in circular direction to make it to thin dosa.
6) Drizzle few drops of oil around it.Cover and cook on medium flame for abt 1-2 mins.
7) No need to flip over and cook.Once its done, the dosas come out easily from the tawa .
Direction || How to prepare Bread Utthappam
Add onion , chopped chilli and coriander leaves to the batter and mix.
Repeat the above 5 ,6 and 7 steps.
Fold and serve crispy bread dosa accompanied with any chutney or sambhar.
Enjoy the hot crispy Insant dosa at home.