Homemade chicken samosa – Ramadan special samosa is one of the favorite dish made in Muslim homes for Iftar.
This crisy and cruncy samosa’s can be prepared even with any veggie stuffing like potatoes ,carrots and peas.
Since its a month of ramadan , I prefer using minced chicken(you can even use minced meat instead).It also makes
the best party dishes as its universally loved by everyone 🙂 The un-fried prepared samosas can be refrigerated for a couple of days, this makes it quite easier during Ramadan. An hour before breaking the fast it can be deep fried and can be served warm.And remember one thing at start your samosa might get distorted , but “Practice makes perfect samosa” so never give up 🙂 am sharing the recipe for making chicken samosas with you all, a perfect treat for everyone during Ramadan and on any day.
Have a blessed Ramadan everyone!
Preparation time : 30-45 mins
Cooking time : 10 mins
Serves : 4
For preparing chicken stuffing
250 gm minced chicken(keema)
1 medium size onion, chopped
1 green chilly finely chopped
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 cup finely chopped spring onions
1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
Salt to taste
For preparing samosa
12- 16 rectangular shape pastry sheet/samosa pattis
wheat or maida 1 tbsp mixed with 1½ tbsp water
Oil to deep fry samosas
Directions || How to make crisy chicken Samosa
1. Heat a nonstick pan, add oil, let it turn hot.
2. Add, onions chopped small, a few pinches of salt, saute till translucent.
3. Add minced chicken to the onions,stir fry for a few minutes.
4. Add gingergarlic paste and green chili,red chilli powder,garam masala powder,cumin powder and saute them well.
5. Stir and cook till water has almost dried.
6. Now add chopped spring onions and coriander leaves.
7. Add lemon juice cook for a minute, remove the pan from the heat, keep aside.
For filling samosa
1.I use the ready made samosa patti sheets, Peel off one by one carefully. Keep covered with clean wet kitchen cloth to keep it damp and avoid drying.
2.Fold as shown in the picture into triangle samosas. Refer video to learn in detail how to fold it. Once the triangle shape pocket is ready , fil in 1 to 2 tbsp of
prepared chicken stuffing into it.
3.Towards the end spread little wheat paste and end sticking the samosa.
4.Keep the prepared samosas covered as well, preferable with wet kitchen cloth for this too.
5.Once all the samosa’s, heat oil and deep fry both sides in medium flame.
6. Fry till the samosas turn golden brown in color.
7. Transfer to a kitchen paper towel.
8. Seve warm along with tomato ketchup or chili sauce or any green chutney.
Instead of adding all the spices, you could even cook the chicken using store bought meat masala.
The stuffed unfried dough can be refrigerated for a few days, thaw well before frying.