mix vegetable recipes
Vegetable Pulao simple and easy
Vegetable Pulao(In Urdu is pronounced pulao) or Pilaf(English term pilaf is borrowed directly from Turkish) is a rice dish mixed with vegetables cooked with spices adds and aromatic flavor to this recipe.
Vegetables like carrots, capsicum and French beans that are added in Pulao are very healthy and nutritious to eat.
It is so yummy and colourful that no one won’t resist a plate of this mouthwatering food and its also one of the kids favorite rice.
Preparation Time : 15 mins
Cooking Time : 30 to 35 mins
Serves : 4
300 gm basmathi rice or any fragrant rice
1 tbsp oil or ghee
1 bay leaf
6 black peppers
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 large onion thinly sliced
1 finely chopped tomatoes
2 green chilies chopped
1.5 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 cup sliced potato
1/2 cup finely sliced carrot
1/2 cup finely sliced capsicum
1/2 cup finely sliced green beans
1/2 cup green peas
1 cup dahi
salt as needed
2 ½ to 3 cups water (or as required)
Directions || How to make vegetable Pulao
1. Wash and soak rice for at least 15 minutes. Drain off the water and set aside.
2. Chop all the veggies and slice onions.
3. Add 1 tbsp of ghee and Saute bay leaf , cloves and black peppers in hot oil until they sizzle.
4. Saute onions until golden brown.
5. Next add tomatoes and saute till tomatoes gets mixed well together.
6. Add all the veggies and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Next add ginger garlic paste and saute it until the raw smell goes off.
9. Add cumin powder,garam masala powder , cumin powder and turmeric powder and saute it well
10. Add 1 cup of Dahi , mix all the vegetables well in Dahi.Cover with a lid and Cook on a
low flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
11. Add drained rice and stir.
12 Add water,bring the water to a rolling boil.
13. cover with a lid Cook on low flame for 10 to 15 minutes or till the rice is well cooked..
14. Serve veg pulao hot or cold with a simple or boondi raita or gravy.