Seekh Kebabs is a recipe inspired from middle eastern tradition and terrific appetizers made from chicken or goat meat,they can also be served as side dish with the main meal.
Since most of us don’t have ovens, most of us don’t try this easy recipe to make them at home , but you can prepare this dish by frying too. I tried out both the method
grilled it in oven and by frying and trust me both came out with good taste.
please read the complete recipe for the directions.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
500 Grams of chicken/goat meat mince
2 Large Cardamom (Black, ground large)
1-2 Cardamoms (small, green, ground)
2-3 Springs of Fresh coriander
½ tsp of Garam masala powder
½ tsp of Chilli powder
½ tsp of Cumin seeds (whole)
1 tsp of Dry coriander
2 Large Onions
5 Garlic cloves(large)
1.5 Ginger stick
½ Beaten egg
1 Cup Bread crumps (optional)
salt to taste
Directions | How to make Seekh Kebab
1.Chop onions,garlic,garlic and coriander.
2.Put all the mince chicken in a large bowl and add chopped onions, garlic, ginger, coriander.
3. Add large cardamons,green cardamons,garam ,chilli powder,dry coriander and chilli powder to the prepared mixure
and grind it together,add beaten eggs and bread crumps to it and mix thoroughly with either your hand or a wooden spoon.
4. Take a large hand-full of mixture and flatten it on the barbeque skewer,if skewer is not available then wooden spoon can be used instead.
5. Preheat the oven at about 420 degree farenhiet.Once the oven is preheated,put foil on to your grill and put your kebabs over the hot grill.
6. Set the kebab’s in the oven and let it cook for 20-25 minutes or until coooked.Cook until all sides are bown
Alternative cooking if you don’t have oven at home.
5. Follow all the steps till 4
6. Cook the kebab’s directly over flame for a minute.
7. Heat a little oil seperately in a frying pan.
As soon as the kabab gets roasted remove it from the skewer and put into frying pan.
Fry well on all sides by rolling with wooden spoon. After frying, remove from heat and place kababs on absorbent paper or paper towel to drain out excess oil.
Serve on a bed of lettuce. garnish with tomatoes, onion rings or spicy green chutney.
Brush the foil papaer with oil before setting the kebab’s over it to avoid sticky of kebab’s.
While cooking the kebabs on the grill , turn the sides at 10 minutes interval so the kebab’s gets grilled evenly.